Driver Access & Compliance
Compliance: Aligning Drivers, Regulatory Requirements And Tasks
Getting the right driver, for the right vehicle and task is critical for both security and to ensure compliance with hours of service policies. These procedures will ensure company policy and regulations are kept. It will minimize violations, improve driver safety and efficiency, reduce administrative costs and cut paperwork.
How It Works
Every driver and vehicle is uniquely identified within the system, with profiles constantly updated with on real-time information. In addition, the Pointer Access module can be integrated with third-party systems and solutions, to enhance profiles, but also to help accurately calculate hours of service, wages, premiums, driving or parking fines and more.
Based on the profile information, Pointer Access can block or permit the use of fleet vehicles by registered and identified drivers. It also notifies both driver and fleet manager in the pre-defined thresholds are exceeded. It also efficiently manages tasks, driving time, rest stops, lunch stops, waiting stops and end of work. In fleets where several drivers share a vehicle, you’ll be able to remotely control vehicle access, so that only authorized drivers can drive designated vehicles.
Maintain Compliance. Increase Security.
Safety & Eco Driving Benefits
- Registration and permissions for up to 29 drivers and one administrator per vehicle
- Ability to form driver groups associated with one vehicle or group of vehicles
- Integrates with Pointer’s Web Fleet management software and other third-party systems
- Visual indication of active vehicles (moving) and idle (parked) ones
- Quick exclusion of drivers from the permit lists, when necessary
- Advanced reporting and analysis providing insights that increase fleet productivity
- Identifies unauthorized vehicle use (outside hours of service)
- Controls and manages of hours of work, alerting you to excessive driving
- Alerts to excessive rest stops and provides detailed trip reports (valid for proof of working hours)
- Reduces the risks of fine and vehicle-retention (by police) for violations, and those from labor disputes
- Quick and easy integration with third-party software, sending information in real time and allowing you to select the Hours of Service software that best meets your needs