Get Efficient Planning
In logistics, timeliness isn’t a suggestion, it’s a necessity. In some cases, narrow time frames are part of your customers’ business models, such as in lean manufacturing where minimal inventories are kept. Those customers deploy a strategy that includes minimal inventory, requiring suppliers to deliver material and goods with very tight timeframes. Not meeting those deadlines often results in fines or even losing the account. To avoid those consequences and meet all your customers’ expectations, you need highly efficient planning of your routes and tasks.
How It Works
Periodical missions for each vehicle are downloaded into the system, including routes, delivery schedules required by the customer, point of interest locations, refreshment stops and refueling stations. Downloading this information can be executed by a file transfer from the company’s scheduling S/W or via manual inputs.
Once the vehicle begins its trip, the system monitors execution and alerts in the event of an exception. Investigations can be executed and reported in the event a customer complains about certain aspects of the delivery.
In the event that a regulatory compliant delivery notification is required, a report will be mailed to the customer that includes sensor data.
On Time, Everytime
Safety & Eco Driving Benefits And Features
- Download all your enterprise delivery locations (Points of Interest) into the system database directly from your ERP or scheduling system
- Download your pre-approved delivery lines in between distribution centers and various delivery locations
- Download your periodical schedules directly from ERP / CRM programs and the system will alert you if driver deviates from route, enters zones that are prohibited or stops vehicle in un-authorized areas
- Deviation from pre-determined arrival at delivery location crates alerts (before or after customer “window” of delivery)
- Door locks can be installed so that door opening creates an alert or cargo-door opening requires remote unlocking
- Alerts will be sent in the event the vehicle performs trips that have not been approved or trips are executed during hours that have not been approved